Center Director Dr. Charles M. Katz and Associate Director Dr. Michael D. White have been asked to comment on police BWCs in a number of different venues.
- Dr. White testified on BWCs before the President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing (https://ric-zai-inc.com/Publications/cops-p311-pub.pdf)
- Dr. Katz and Dr. White moderated a two-day Expert Panel on BWCs at the White House, hosted by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, US Department of Justice (February 2015)
- Dr. Katz and Dr. White are the primary authors of the Bureau of Justice Assistance National Body-Worn Camera Toolkit (https://www.bja.gov/bwc/)
- Dr. White authored the “Assessing the Evidence” report on BWCs for the US Department of Justice (https://ric-zai-inc.com/Publications/cops-p289-pub.pdf)
- Dr. Katz and Dr. White have been invited to give talks on police BWCs at dozens of regional and national conferences for leadership organizations, including the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), the National Forum on Criminal Justice, National Association for Presiding Judges and Court Executive Officers (NAPCO), International Union of Police Associations, National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, the National Prosecution Summit, and National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG).
- Dr. Katz and Dr. White have commented extensively on BWCs in the media, including in the
Associated Press, ABC News, Scientific American, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, TIME Magazine, NPR, and MSNBC.